- Open the presentation. Click on “View” tab in the top toolbar. Select “Slide Master” button.
- Enter master slide editing mode and select the first slide. Delete the default logo and insert your own. Supported formats include .PNG and .JPG, but firstly we recommend you to paint your logo with integrated vector tools in PowerPoint. This will significantly improve a quality of your logo during the broadcast via the widescreen projectors and during the print of your presentation.
- Any contact information can be edited as a plain text.
- After making all necessary changes in the top menu, click on the button “Close Master View”.
Information: Slide Master is responsible for the look (template) of your presentation. Standard information that is repeated on every slide (for example, logo) is added to the master slide and is automatically broadcasted to all content slides of your presentation. Moreover, editing tools and master slides settings allow you to change/customize a color scheme of the presentation, as well as its background and default fonts.
- With a “Slide Sorter” mode you can view all the slides of your presentation (slider at the bottom of the application window). Slides or the group of slides can be moved with a mouse. You can also duplicate or delete selected slides. To select the group of files use mouse and “Shift” or “Ctrl” keys.
- In “Normal” mode the working area and sidebar are displayed by default with thumbnails of presentation slides. You can also copy/duplicate/delete slides directly in the thumbnails sidebar.
- Select the slides you need for creating the presentation. All the fields are active. Click on the text field and replace the demo text. You can change the width and arrangement of a field according to your preference.
- Every graphic element of the presentation is vector (except MockUP). Use standard tools of PowerPoint to change their position, shape and color.
Right-click on the chart/diagram to open the context sensitive menu. Select “Edit Data”. You’ll see a table in which you can change the required data, add new data or delete the group of data. Storing data in the table is done automatically, and in the graphical view you can instantaneously see all the data changes.
You can call the same tool for data handling through the top toolbar. Firstly, select a chart/diagram that you want to change (left-click). Further, select Design> Edit Data at the top panel. All further changes are made just like in Option 1.
“Drag & Drop” function can be used in every slide of your presentation to insert photo/image.
Open the folder where the required image is located. Drag the image file with a courser directly into the field for inserting an image.
Click on the active icon in the field for inserting an image. This opens a dialog box in which you can select the image to be inserted.
- Open the master slides you need to edit. In the top menu select “View” > “Edit Master Slides”.
- All the changes made to the master slides will affect the appearance of the presentation.
- When the editing of master slides is finished click “Done” button in the bottom of the working area or in the top menu select “View” > “Exit Master Slides”.
Information: Master slides are responsible for the look of your presentation. Master slides are useful for quick editing of the basic elements that are repeated throughout your presentation. For example, logo, font, or the location of the basic links to social networks, etc.
Unfortunately in KeyNote there is no feature to apply the color scheme to all the elements and slides in the presentation at once. Therefore, changing the color of your presentation is quite a laborious process since you have to manually change the color of each element. My presentation are implemented using vector shapes, illustrations, diagrams and infographics. This format allows you to change the color of objects without the need for additional applications (you won’t need Photoshop, all the changes will have to be done in KeyNote).
In some rare cases the vector used in the presentation is imported in EPS format. To change its color you will need Illustrator. But this is rather the exception of which I warn you in advance in the description of the presentation.
Changing fonts’ style and color
- In KeyNote you can automatically change the font type and color of the entire presentation. These changes are made in the master slide mode. To do this, in the top menu select “View” > “Edit Master Slides”.
- Click “Format” in the top menu, then using a mouse select the text block in the format of which you want to make changes. You will see the name of style in the sidebar. Make the necessary changes and click “Update” next to the name of style. Changes will be applied to every slide that uses text block of the edited style. Note: next symbol “*” in the name of style informs that the style is not saved as the basic one for the entire presentation. And the changes will not be applied to all blocks of this type. Don’t forget to click “Update” button.
Changing background color
- You can change background color for the entire presentation. These changes are made in the master slide mode. To do this, in the top menu select “View” > “Edit Master Slides”.
- Click “Format” button in the top menu. Note: do not select any objects, otherwise the ability to edit the background will not be available. In “Master Side Layout” sidebar you can change background color. Options available: “No fill”, “Color Fill”, “Gradient Fill”, “Advanced Gradient Fill”, “Image Fill”, “Advanced Image Fill”. Changes made to the master slide will apply to all the slides in the presentation that use this template as basic. Note: The presentation often uses several master slides templates. So don’t forget to change the background in all your master slides.
- Using “Light Table” mode (top menu “View”> “Light Table”) you can view all the slides of your presentation. The scale of the slides can be regulated (slider at the bottom of the application window). One slide or group of slides can be moved using the mouse. You can also duplicate or delete the selected slides. To select a group of slides, use mouse + “Shift” or “Ctrl” keys.
- Using “Navigator” mode (top menu “View”> “Navigator”) standardly you’ll see the working area and the sidebar with thumbnails of presentation slides. You can also copy/duplicate/delete slides directly from the sidebar with thumbnails.
- Select the slides you need for creating a presentation. All fields are active. Click on the text box and the height of the change the demo-text to your own. At your discretion you can change the width and location of the field.
- All graphic elements of the presentation are made in vector (except MockUP). Use PowerPoint standard tools to change their position, color or shape.
For inserting photos and illustrations in KeyNote has a “Drag & Drop” function. Just drag and drop a photo or illustration from the folder to the desired block or slide. Any vector shape created using tools in KeyNote can serve as a mask for a bitmap image. If the vector shape you want to add an image to is grouped with other objects, then before dragging the image you need to highlight the shape with a mouse. Mask that will be used for the image highlights in blue frame while dragging. This will help you to accurately determine exactly the mask you want to use. After you insert an image into a form, you can edit its position and scale. After completing the changes, press “Done” button under the mask. Note: you can always return to the image correction mode of the image by double-clicking on the vector mask that you use.
To replace the image, right-click on the vector mask and select the “Replace Image” option in the dropdown menu. In the pop-up window locate the image you want to use.